Come experience a piece of history on the second oldest river in the world!
Program Cost: $45.00 (A 3% processing fee will be added to all Credit Card Payments)
Participants must provide their own transportation to the "put in" and " take out" locations.
Bring a lunch and water.
Ensure that your Scouts have passed the Swim Test requirements.
Ensure that your Scouts and Leaders comply to the Guidelines to Safe Scouting.
Directions to put in and pull places will be sent to registrants.
Claytor Dam to 114 Bridge - 11 miles
Great beginner program - Mostly flat water with a class 1 rapid the last mile.
Put in at the Sportsman store, under the I-81 New River Bridge.
Take out at Rt. 114 Bridge - New River Access Rd. in Fairlawn Va
Read and Comply to BRSR events regarding COVID 19 requirements.
INFORMATION FOR BRSR EVENTS REGARDING COVID-19
HEALTH CONCERNS AND PROCESS:
* Anyone entering camp or an off site event including participants, visitors and vendors will be screened utilizing a medical screening process. If the answer is "yes" to any question the participant must return home. We strongly encourage leaders of the troops to complete this process prior to leaving your home base in addition to ensuring that all participants are bringing their Personal Protection Equipment.
* All participants will be screened with a thermal thermometer.
* If less than 6'in an outdoor environment occurs or may occur, face masks will be required.
* If more than 6'in an outdoor environment is achieved, masks are still recommended.
* If an event is moved inside due to weather or other needs, the face mask guidelines will be required.
* Bring your own personal protection equipment : Face covering , hand cleaner, wipes, etc.
* BRMC will have disinfectants and cleaning supplies available at the conclusion of the event .
* All outdoor equipment (canoes, rafts, bicycles, ATV's , firearms, life jackets,tools, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected , sanitized and "down time" allowed between uses.
* Restrooms and shower houses identified for each event will be cleaned in the AM & PM and during heavy times of usage.
* BSA Physical must be provided: Part A & B.
* All participants must be BSA registered for insurance coverage.
* Bring any medication you need throughout the day, plus sunscreen, sunglasses and a change of clothes to change into if necessary.
* Bring your own prepackaged lunch , water, sunscreen etc.
* Lunch MRE packages will be provided for Mountain Biking, 4 wheeling and hiking.
*Bring medications and sunscreen
REGISTRATION AND POLICY
*All reservations require a 50% deposit by credit card at the time of registration or by check no later than 5 business days after making the reservation. The remaining balance is to be paid in full prior to starting your adventure on the day of your trip. Deposits will forfeited for not showing up for your reservation. Deposits are refundable within 14 days advanced written notice prior to reservation date.
*Space is available on a first come first serve basis . Select and reserve your excursions now.
*Based on reservations and payments made by July 8th a decision will be made to offer the event or not. These are diificult times. We cannot afford to lose money. If your event is cancelled we will be calling to inform you of other options that are available. If your event is cancelled a full refund will be made!
*Our Scout's safety is our priority. However, we still paddle, hike, and pedal in the rain, but not in a thunderstorm. The BRMC reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel trips due to water or weather conditions. This is solely up to the discretion of Trip Guide and will be decided at the reserved trip time . The trip time will be delayed one hour, if conditions do not improve within the hour, then the trip will be cancelled and a rain check date will be given. You must show up at your trip time and it must be raining and continue to rain for one hour to receive a rain check.
*Unfortunately, several of these programs, such as the High Knoll 2 day trek program , will be dependent upon the state COVID-19 restrictions. Phase three guidelines must be in effect to allow for overnight camping.
Maggie House 804-339-5188; Maggie.House@scouting .org
|Event Date||07-20-2020 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||07-20-2020 3:00 pm|
|Target Audience||All water loving Scouts|
|Categories||Scouts BSA Events, Council Events|
|Attachment||2020 Summer Canoe Treks 1.pdf|